Last Modified: July 2023
This Website is owned and operated by RUNWAY Entertainment Limited (the “Company”) owner and operator of RUNWAY Dance Connection (the “Competition”), located at 105 West Beaver Creek Road, Suite 4, Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada L4B 1C6.
This policy describes how we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and website users ("you"), describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.runwaydanceconnection.com (our "Website") and/or sign up for the Competition, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about our customers and Website users:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
The Company also reserves the right to disclose any information in order to satisfy any legal or government request, or if such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to operate the Company, or to protect the rights, property or other legal obligations of the Company. This information is stored securely on a server that is separate from our Website server. Any information that we collect about you as an identifiable individual is not shared with any third party, unless it is required to undertake the activities outlined above.
GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation - Compliance
The Company and its Website provide a dance competition and event based platform (the "Platform") for its own products and services. Under applicable law, the Company is the "data controller" of company and personal data collected through the Platform. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the Platform.
Information We Collect
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier, billing and account information, and any other identifier we may use to contact you online or offline ("personal information").
We provide an opportunity for any user to unsubscribe or opt-out of contact for marketing purposes on an ongoing basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature.
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Website interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How we Collect Information About You
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- User contributions. You may also provide information for us to publish or display on public Website areas or transmit to other Website users or third parties.]
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- [Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners.]
Where Information Is Processed
The Company is based in Canada. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transferring of your information in and to Canada. The laws of Canada governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To hold and operate the Competition.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- [To provide you with notices about your [account/subscription], including expiration and renewal notices.]
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To improve our Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- [To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similar features on our Website.]
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our affiliates.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
We generally retain personal data for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes identified herein. To dispose of personal data, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
We take reasonable steps to protect the information provided to the Platform from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. In particular, email sent to or from the Platform may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information via the Internet.
Third-Party Website Links, Products & Services
The Company is not responsible for the content, products, services, statements or privacy policies contained within any third-party Websites that are hyperlinked to or referred to within this Website. The Company is also not responsible for the data collection or use procedures of any third-party Websites that it refers to or provides hyperlinks to.
Referral to these third-party Websites, products or services does not imply any endorsement or guarantee by the Company. The Company may cease its referral to or remove hyperlinks to any or all third party Websites at any time, without prior notice.
Security of Online Transactions
The Website provides an industry-standard secure online environment for online transactions. Every effort is made to protect confidentiality and prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information provided to us by our Website visitors. You acknowledge that no data transmission that takes place over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. Therefore, the Company cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be subjected to unauthorized third party intrusion.
You therefore acknowledge that any and all information provided by you through the interface of this Website is provided at your own risk.
The Website will undergo periodic changes and modifications. The Company retains the right to make changes at any time, without prior notice. Every effort is made to prevent mistakes, inaccuracies, and typographical errors, but the Company is not liable for any inconveniences or losses generated as a result of said errors.